Volume 2 of this book by Robert Page has details of the village's connection to Louth Abbey in 1303. A paragraph from the book follows:
"The original endowment of the abbey by Bishop Alexander seems to have consisted simply of the demesne land with some pasturage and a mill. (fn. 33) The long list of benefactors in the confirmation charter of Henry III (fn. 34) shows how many gifts were added soon after, mostly in the county of Lincoln. Hasculf Musard gave the manor of Brampton, Derbyshire. (fn. 35) The churches of Fulstow (fn. 36) and Harpswell (fn. 37) also belonged to the abbey at a later date. The temporalities of the abbey in 1291 amounted to £246 9s. 3d. (fn. 38) In 1303 the abbot held a quarter of a knight's fee in Gayton, one-quarter in Newton, three-quarters in East Ravendale, one-third in Lissington, onesixth in Croxby and in Keddington, as well as smaller fractions in Thorganby, Ormsby and Ketby, Keddington, Wold Newton, Cockerington, Lissington, Tathwell, Croxby, Fulstow, Binbrooke, Covenham, and Messingham. (fn. 39) In 1346 he held the same, except for the lands in Gayton, and one twenty-sixth in Croxby. (fn. 40) In 1428 he shared one fee with the prioress of Legbourne in Legbourne and Cawthorpe; he held with others half a fee in Farlesthorpe and Thurlby, and had fractions of fees in Alvingham, Keddington, Cockerington, Saltfleetby, Aby, Strubby, Legbourne, and Skidbrooke. (fn. 41) The clear value of the abbey in 1534 was only £147 14s. 6¼d. (fn. 42) At the dissolution in 1536 the churches of Fulstow and Harpswell belonged still to the abbey, with the manors of Grimoldby, Fulstow, Croxby, Alvingham, Huttoft, Thurlby (Lines.), Burley (Derbyshire), and Hoke (Yorks), as well as several granges: valued by the crown bailiff at £267 5s. 2d. in all. (fn. 43)"