Wold Newton Archives‎ > ‎Houses‎ > ‎

"The Office" (demolished in the 1980s)

The Office - May 1984.
So called as it was used as such by the North Farm in the mid 20th century, or at least the farm workers' wages were handed over here.  It was previously a one up, one down cottage.

The Office was demolished in the 1980s, coinciding with the construction of Alpine Meadows, although it was actually situated in the northwest corner of what is now the garden of Church Path Cottage.

Occupants:

Raymond and Sandra Lidgard lived here for a couple of years after their marriage in 1950.


1871 - Charles & Mary Smith and two children

At some stage the Ingleton family lived there and the photograph below is Mr Ingleton, shepherd and grandfather of Frank Preston, who later moved to Humberston and was buried there.

Mr Ingleton, shepherd and grandfather of Frank Preston, butcher in Binbrook
Comments