Wold Newton Archives‎ > ‎Houses‎ > ‎

Kendal Cottage


Kendal Cottage is built on the site of an earlier pair of very small cottages, which stood on the roadside in the southwest corner of the garden.  Annie Oldfield (right) was the last occupant, living in the northern one until the early 1970s, before they were both demolished in the middle of the decade and used as hardcore for the new house.  Below is a painting of the cottages.

Cottages that were demolished to make way for Kendal Cottage



Occupants:


Date North South
1871 John & Mary Ann Traves, their 4 children and her father, John Bell

The photograph below shows the Sayers family outside the southern cottage, of which they were probably the last occupants.  Mr Sayers worked in the lime kilns at the lime quarry at North Ormsby.

Two photographs of the old cottages from the garden of Keys Cottage:



Comments