Wold Newton Archives‎ > ‎Houses‎ > ‎

Petterhills

Possibly a corruption of potter hills, referring to the clay pits which are now the ponds in the wood opposite and the associated brick works which closed in the late 18th or early 19th century.

This is how it looked immediately before it was 'improved' in the 1970s.






Occupants:

Date North South
1871 George & Mary Collingwood and 5 children Edward & Mary Smith and 2 children
Comments