Wold Newton Archives‎ > ‎Houses‎ > ‎

The Parsonage

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pBu7jf0CRTo/UNsso0hoyyI/AAAAAAAABc4/aANMNJqiveA/s144/SCAN0086.JPG
This was the original rectory but became a pair of workmen's cottages when a new Rectory was built in the mid 1800s. It was demolished in the early 1970s.  The late great Tom Hewson recalled being able to see the stars through the gaps between the pan tiles when lying in bed as a child.


Date North South
1871 George & Elizabeth Elsey and 2 children Thomas Fulford (as recorded in Yarborough to Wright conveyance, although he does not appear in the Census of the same year...)
Comments