Post Office Cottages

Built in about 1845 and until 1983 two cottages. The northern one was the post office during the incumbency of Dolly Lammiman as post mistress until the mid 1970s. The southern one was the home of the Manor gardener, Bill Day, in the early 20th century and later Freddy and Ivy Smith after he retired from the railways. Here's Fred standing behind his dahlias

:

Occupants:

Date

1871

1957/8 voter's register occupier:

The Post Office

Wray & Jane Hickabottom and 2 children

George and Dorothy Lammiman

The Gardener's Cottage

Mary Traves and her son Thomas

Fred Smith?